Every so often I get to experience something amazing and wonderful. My husband works for LDS Family Services and last week I accompanied him on an adoption placement. The birth family spent a couple of days with the baby before the placement happened. As I watched the birth parents with this special little baby my heart ached for them. I can't imagine the emotions they were feeling that day. As I watched them I was filled with such a sense of gratitude and awe for their strength and courage to give to this this little angel the life they can't themselves give her right now, as well as the sealing power of the temple. And to see the anticipation and joy in the eyes of the adoptive couple was another testimony to me of the wonder of adoption. It truly was a spiritual experience and I pray for the birth parents that tender mercies will be in abundance in their lives! It was the ultimate selfless act.

Cheryl said...
I love this. I have had several friends adopt children, and the process is exactly that --Bittersweet. What a great experience to witness such love and sacrifice!
P.S. My parents say hello. :)
April 29, 2008 at 7:23 AM