Jeff is so awesome. He is our big kid – he stands about 6'3" and weighs over 200 lbs. He was always such a cute kid – he still is a cute kid! He could get me to laugh & cry all in the same conversation. He would get up in the mornings at 7:45 and be to school by 8:15 – to this day I don't know how he did that and was never late. He played football in high school and was really pretty good at it. I have fond memories of the freezing nights at the football games and sitting on the edge of my seat when there was a tackle until I made sure he was on top of the pile – which he usually wasn't – and then waiting until he stood up! I had a hard time following the ball and finding him out on the field. I wanted to put his number on his helmet in bright pink neon tape but he never would let me do that – go figure! Jeff married Ashlee in 2003. He is a good husband and a great daddy. They have 2 of the cutest little people you have ever seen! He works hard to support his family so that Ashlee doesn't have to work outside of their home and I'm grateful for that. He is active in the church and honors his priesthood and uses it to bless his family. What more could a mother ask for! Today is our son Jeffrey's 24th birthday. Wow, where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that he was a baby and now he is a daddy with 2 little babes of his own. How well I remember the day he was born, July 6, 1984. It was SOOOO hot that year and I had been on bed rest for 6 weeks prior to his birth. I was finally allowed to get out of bed on the 4th of July that year and I remember sitting out in the yard and it was 100 degrees in the shade. It was a relief to finally have him here healthy and strong!
Jeff has such a tender heart and always knows when I need a little tenderness or a word of encouragement or need a little strength from him. I always seem to cry during our talks and he knows just what to say or do to make me feel better. And when we are together and the tears come he just wraps me in his big arms and holds me close for a few minutes. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me the privilege to be his mother. He truly is one of my treasures.
He had a birthday party tonight. I think it is the first one we have missed in 24 years. I cried a little! But mostly my heart is just full of gratitude for him. He is such an awesome son and brother and husband and daddy! We love you Jeff!!!!!

Christy said...
I can NOT believe he is that old!! Tell him i said happy b-day and if he ever needs a baby sitter - ummmm he can call you :) ha ha!!
July 9, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Anonymous said...
tell jeff happy birthday from me and jackson.
July 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM