Things are getting back to normal a bit. I redefine normal all the time in my life. I have been at home this week with my hubby and it has been wonderful however I sure do miss being with Rachel and little Hailee. Rachel, Clint, and Hailee are adjusting nicely to each other. Lynn has tomorrow off work seeing as he works for the church and tomorrow is the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, his office is closed. Then he will take Friday off work as well so we are heading back to Idaho so he can meet Hailee and we can spend some time with the kids. We had originally planned to go to SLC and pick up his new car but it doesn't look like the car has arrived yet so we may not have to go the extra miles and just spend more time in Idaho. It will be nice to go this time with Lynn instead of leaving him behind. Next week I will go with him on his road trip. He has to go clear over to Glendive to do a home study for a couple who are working on adopting a baby. He will be gone an extra day so I decided to go along and see some new scenery. My days of being able to travel with him will end in September. I have received a new calling which will require me to be here every week day. I will be teaching the Freshman class in early morning Seminary. I am pretty much overwhelmed and scared! The course of study this year is the New Testament. I told Lynn that I love the scriptures but I don't know the scriptures very well and to have to teach them to the youth is really a humbling assignment. The last few months I have really struggled with and prayed to know how to more effectively study my scriptures. I've gotten out the Preach My Gospel manual and tried to use it a little bit more. But never ever did I imagine that the Lord would answer that prayer in this way. I am overwhelmed, humbled and grateful for this new direction in my life. I know that with this assignment will come a peace to my life that I have yearned for for a very long time. I just hope that I can, in some small way, help these kids understand the scriptures better but more importantly come to know their Heavenly Father in a more personal way.

Christy said...
early morning seminary eh??? you lucky dog :) ha ha! As a missionary, we were invited a few times to teach that as well. I have to agree that it is very humbleing - those kids know so much and have the strongest spirits...you will be such an amazing influence on them - as you were us!! how could they not love you???
I know you will do awesome!! If you ever find yourself in a bind, call the missionaries to come and teach :) ha ha!!
July 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM
Nick and Brent said...
What cute grandkids! And congratulations on your new calling...you'll need to talk to Carla about teaching seminary, she's got lots of experience with it! Good luck!
July 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM