Last Thursday Lynn and I headed to the Sawtooths in Idaho for a LDS Family Services retreat. He had been gone all week and so we weren't too sure if it would be relaxing or add stress to him but we went because it sounded like fun and he had been given an assignment to present a workshop. It was about a 6 hour drive from here. We left at 6:30 am and arrived there about 1:00pm. What an incredibly beautiful place. We stayed in a campsite actually owned by the church and used as a Girl's Camp. It is only about 3 miles from Alturas Lake. We had a really nice cabin that we shared with a little family. They had the upstairs, we slept downstairs. It was like having our grandkids in the same cabin with us. It was great. Andrew, the dad works for family services in the Pocatello office. They have a little girl, Maddie who is almost 4 and then twins, Braeden and Ellie who are two. So the nights were not quiet, Braeden didn't feel very good but it was so fun to hear little cries and play with little people again. Maddie even called me grandma while we were camping. I love being a grandma to other little people if only for a couple of days in the mountains.
It was so relaxing. I took my Seminary materials and did some studying with the chipmunks - they were very brave. One actually climbed up on the table and got really close attempting to steal my M&M's. I promptly scared it away! I did a lot of reading, took a couple of naps, played in the sand at the lake with Maddie and didn't feel guilty at all that I was doing nothing productive. Being in the mountains has a way of helping me feel closer to Heavenly Father. I really needed some down time to ponder and reflect.
The only thing that would have made it absolutely perfect was if my kids and grandkids would have been there too. I guess that is for another summer :)
looking out from our cabin
Study time in the mountains
Alturas Lake
Me and sweet little Maddie
Maddie and Ellie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment