It seems as though lately there isn't much time left over in my day for blogging. Another week of Seminary over. It was a pretty good week. Monday the kids were like they were experiencing the terrible two's all over again so that day was pretty much a wash but the rest of the week with them was good. They are great kids and I'm so thankful for the chance to teach them about the Savior. Lynn came with me today. That was very fun for me. We played Seminary Feud - with questions from the past month of class. It was very fun. They sat on the floor and ate candy. It was a good down day! Good for a Friday.
I came home and took a little nap - I sure needs those nowadays. I try to be in bed by 9:00 - 9:30 but don't always make it. That leaves a couple of hours a night that I used to have to blog or watch TV or something. Thank goodness for TIVO so that I can still see some of my shows. Then when I'm not sleeping or studying for Seminary - which takes a good portion of the day - I am sewing more bags. The Farmer's market is still going on however the crowds have really slowed down. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and see how it goes. Then I will decide if I want to keep going until the 1st of November. Actually I will only have 3 more Saturdays that I could go because we will be on our Cruise the 1st of November. I am supposed to do a craft fair on the 15th of November with a gal that I met at the farmers market and became friends with over the summer. She is a children's book illustrator and really good at it. Hopefully that will bring me in some more Christmas money.
Last weekend was my dad's 84th birthday party. So I went to Rexburg and picked up Rachel and Hailee and we went to Utah for the party. It was a lot of fun. Rachel got to see a lot of the cousins that she hasn't seen in a long while. It was nice to spend the weekend with her! The party was sure bittersweet. Don't know how many more of those if any we will have with my dad. Just in the few weeks since I last saw him his health and quality of life have diminished. It makes me very sad but so grateful for his life and his example and for the privilege of being his daughter. I love him so. The world will be a little more lonely when he is gone. I'm grateful for the chance and the means to spend some more time with him and let him see Hailee. I'm not sure that he actually knew we were there most of the time. But it is still important for me to be with him every chance I get.

Don't ya love this picture. He still calls my mom his bride after 54 years :)



I need to go take Lynn some lunch. I'm sure he's probably way ready to eat. I'm anxious for General Conference :) Have a happy weekend.
Check out this and this and this - stay updated on my little people :)
I came home and took a little nap - I sure needs those nowadays. I try to be in bed by 9:00 - 9:30 but don't always make it. That leaves a couple of hours a night that I used to have to blog or watch TV or something. Thank goodness for TIVO so that I can still see some of my shows. Then when I'm not sleeping or studying for Seminary - which takes a good portion of the day - I am sewing more bags. The Farmer's market is still going on however the crowds have really slowed down. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and see how it goes. Then I will decide if I want to keep going until the 1st of November. Actually I will only have 3 more Saturdays that I could go because we will be on our Cruise the 1st of November. I am supposed to do a craft fair on the 15th of November with a gal that I met at the farmers market and became friends with over the summer. She is a children's book illustrator and really good at it. Hopefully that will bring me in some more Christmas money.
Last weekend was my dad's 84th birthday party. So I went to Rexburg and picked up Rachel and Hailee and we went to Utah for the party. It was a lot of fun. Rachel got to see a lot of the cousins that she hasn't seen in a long while. It was nice to spend the weekend with her! The party was sure bittersweet. Don't know how many more of those if any we will have with my dad. Just in the few weeks since I last saw him his health and quality of life have diminished. It makes me very sad but so grateful for his life and his example and for the privilege of being his daughter. I love him so. The world will be a little more lonely when he is gone. I'm grateful for the chance and the means to spend some more time with him and let him see Hailee. I'm not sure that he actually knew we were there most of the time. But it is still important for me to be with him every chance I get.
Don't ya love this picture. He still calls my mom his bride after 54 years :)
I need to go take Lynn some lunch. I'm sure he's probably way ready to eat. I'm anxious for General Conference :) Have a happy weekend.
Check out this and this and this - stay updated on my little people :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Christy said...
i have missed you in the blogging world :) not that i post much anymore either...oh well!
Did you see that i got a new calling in the young womens? i have been reminded already SOOO many times of the wonderful times we had! Thank you SO much for helping me become who I am. I miss you!!!
October 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Bradbury Bunch said...
The picture with your dad kissing your mom MELTED MY HEART!! So sweet! Please tell him HAPPY 84TH FOR ME!!! I'm with you on how fast the weeks go by!! Where does the time go? Seriously!? That's great your a seminary teacher! Those lucky kiddos!! Hope you have a wonderful week! I'm feeling refreshed after another amazing conference!! XOXO
October 5, 2008 at 9:43 PM