Two years ago today Preston became a part of our family. All morning as I think about him the tears come again and again. He is such a part of who I am and I thank Heavenly Father every day for the privilege of being a grandma. The following is an except from my journal.
The 9-month anticipation was overwhelming. Early in the morning on February 21, 2006, around 4:00 a.m. Jeffrey called and said he was taking Ashlee to the hospital, he was sure it was the real thing. So my night sleep was over. I laid there for the next couple of hours praying with every fiber of my being that our little grandson would be healthy and all would be well. Jeffrey called around 6:00 a.m. to tell us that everything was progressing nicely. I got up and got ready for work, why I don’t know because I knew I would not be able to concentrate.
Just as I was getting ready to leave for work, about 8:30 a.m., Jeffrey called and in tears told me that he was a daddy. Words cannot describe the feelings of my heart at that moment when he told me that the baby was here and seemed to be healthy and strong. He said Ashlee was doing well and that he wanted me to come to the hospital and see his son.
I remember on my way, that I called my mom and dad and just cried when I told them that I was a grandma and that I was on my way to meet my little grandson. I think I cried most of the way to the hospital that morning. When I wasn’t crying I was praying and thanking the Lord for the great blessing in my life to be a mother and now a grandma. I arrived a little after 9:00am. Jeffrey met me at the door to Ashlee’s room, and with tears in his eyes just stood there and hugged me. Then he took me in the room and introduced me to Preston Jeffrey. Oh my, the tears came like a flood. He was so tiny and so beautiful. I just looked at him and cried. I was a grandma! I was really a grandma! Over and over as I looked at him I thanked Heavenly Father for this moment in my life, for this wonderful moment of becoming a grandma and watching as my son, who just a few short years ago lay in my arms as a baby, became a daddy.
There is nothing to compare to being a grandma. I love our sweet little Preston. He is so handsome. Looks just like his daddy and his daddy is so handsome.
I LoVe YoU pReStOn! Oh what a grand life I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment