The Taxi

So I promised an update on the taxi. I survived!


I put off calling for one as long as possible thinking that maybe Lynn would have a cancellation and be able to come and get me. Well, he did have a cancellation but I wasn't ready and he didn't have enough time, after realizing his appointment wasn't going to show up, to go across town and back. So about 45 minutes before checkout I finally called! But only after praying really hard that I would be sent a kind person to drive me to my destination. When I got down to the lobby of the motel to check out, he was waiting for me - 15 minutes early. He loaded my luggage into the car while I was checking out and then waited for me to get into the car before he got back in. After the formalities of where I was going - yada yada - it was a pleasant enough ride. He went the back streets - through neighborhoods, past a couple of schools - part of the town that I had never seen before so that was nice. We had nice conversation - Where are you from? Why are you in town? What does your husband do? What do you think about the election? Do you like snow? He put me at ease rather quickly! A tender mercy. He delivered me to my destination safe and sound and no worse for wear! Heck, I even gave him a tip!

My comfort zone grew just a wee bit!


********************************************************************************

Our daughter and SIL are visiting this weekend! I love having her here. Thought you'd like to see a picture of grandbaby #5...

2 comments:

YEA!! you did it. It still makes me FEEL old seeing Rachel pregnant - i just have to smile and realize that everyone is growing up :(

Did you hear that Connie Barton passed away? I hope I am not the bearer of bad news...if you have time, you may want to call Kim and Michelle :)

Love you!!

February 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Cristy-
WHAT!? Okay, now I have to call my mom...

Roz-
I also cannot believe that Rachel is pregnant! Holy cow!

Good job on the Taxi drive! Taxi's don't seem to bother me; but I haven't ridden in many alone. The ones that scare me the most were in Florida --but the ones that I felt the safest in were in Mexico (weird, I know).

February 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home