Adventures

My husband and I have had a lot of adventures throughout our married life. Especially in the last 5 years. The last 6 months have been one huge adventure...

Well today will be another adventure - for me anyway. I'm not sure Lynn would consider it an adventure for him but yes, for me it will be. By myself, I am not a very daring person. Now with Lynn along I can do most anything, but take him out of the picture and I retreat. Thank goodness for a husband that gives me courage. Okay, so on to the adventure. I have to take a Taxi today...by myself...in an unfamilar city. So about now you are probably laughing but not me. I am a small town girl. There just aren't many opportunities for Taxi rides in small town America. We took Taxi's all over when we were in Mexico a couple years ago but Lynn was with me. That was a scary experience!!!!

We are out of town this week on business. I travel with Lynn which is a great thing. I love coming with him. The USUAL week allow me one entire day and two partial days in the motel doing my own thing which is great. But this week is different. I debated whether to stay home or not but didn't like that option so here I am facing the taxi adventure. Instead of today being my full day in the room we have to leave this afternoon for another city and because Lynn will finish work here after the checkout time of the motel, and since we have to hurry to the next city for training tonight I have to meet him at his place of work instead of him coming to get me. So that sets the stage for the taxi...from the motel, across town to Lynn.

Why does that put me so far out of my comfort zone? I'm still pondering that! Silly? Probably! Confidence builder? Definitely! Will I look back on this moment and laugh myself? I'm sure of it! But for now...YIKES is what I am feeling!

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comments:

Awww...Roz! My worst taxi experience was on Grand Cayman (they have mini-vans) and the driver kept yelling at all the cars and tail-gated soooo close I didn't know what to think!!

February 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home