The Bathroom

I did it. I painted the bathroom! It was a HUGE pain to get the paint but I got it and did it and I really like it.
Before...



After...


I was worried to begin with that it would be too dark. It did darken the room a bit but I really like it. I need to learn the secret to taping so that the paint doesn't bleed under the tape but other than that it was good. Once I get started I remember that I really don't like to paint, I just love the results. My sister paints for others and makes some good money doing it. I wish she lived next door so she could do my house. She is so good at it. Love ya Joela!

She's not just good at it she's amazing. Actually she is an amazing lady in so many ways. She lives just around the corner from my parents and because of their age and the health of my dad, she is a caregiver to them. She has a huge responsibility but does it with such grace and such love and tenderness. The load she carries is heavy but she never complains! She always thinks of ways to ease the burden that my mom carries being the primary caregiver to my dad. Thanks Joela (and Bradlee and Donnlee, my brothers) for taking such good care of our parents.



And to think that she and I weren't very good friends growing up. Oh, how I treasure her now. She truly is one of my best friends. I love you Joela!

Another post will definitely have to be about my amazing siblings. I have 6 of them and they are all incredible people so stay tuned for that...

7 comments:

I love the bathroom colors! It looks great.

Hooray for awesome siblings!

March 5, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

It looks so good. I don't think it looks too dark...it looks perfect. Love ya

Rachel

March 5, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Yes, Joela is amazing...we've heard good things about Carla's new kitchen! And the bathroom looks much better, I love the color.

March 5, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

I love that color in bathrooms! And seeing your sister brings back - OH so many memories of a trip to Salt Lake that I took with you like...15 or so years ago...boy, that ages both of us eh??

I agree with cheryl - Hooray for AWESOME siblings!!

Love you!

March 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

Love the paint job! It's amazing what a little paint can do. Love your bags too... you are so crafty! I'm impressed.

March 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Oh my Christy, I haven't thought about that trip for years. It was great fun wasn't it. It doesn't age me at all! Yea right!
Love you!

March 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

Ok, I've "favorited" you in my computer! You are so generous with your compliments and you are every bit as amazing as anyone in the whole world. I love, love, love you too. You are my hero!!

Joela

March 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home