Unpleasant Tasks

So I have a most unpleasant task to complete today. I've been putting it off for like 2 1/2 months because it is so unpleasant to me. Not necessarily the task but the ultimate outcome of the task...

Taxes. A most unpleasant task. Why? you ask. Well, because I have to get all the information compiled on the computer from the bank - divide into categories - transfer the information onto the accountant's form and then collect all the other needed information - not to forget anything and have it ready to take to the accountant in Idaho this weekend - and that is the best part of the whole process. Then we wait to see what the damage is - how much we have to pay yet again this year to the government. Because we used to be in the farming industry and are still receiving money from the farm we must pay taxes every year! Oh boy, I really don't like this time of the year - or at least that aspect of this time of the year. I really love springtime. It is my favorite season of the year except for this one aspect. So I guess I'd better just get busy, get it done and quit thinking about doing it.

Now for the positives in this situation:

  • Because we have to pay taxes it means that we did well when farming.
  • I'm thankful for the time when we farmed and for the life style it allowed us with which to raise our children and teach them the value of hard work.
  • Because of the farm Lynn was able to go through school debt free - no student loans - a huge blessing
  • Because of the farm our grandchildren have a farm to go to when they are in Blackfoot - cows to visit, fields to watch grow and then to watch the harvesting.
  • A great accountant who knows how to make sense out of our stuff and get us the best possible deal! - Accountants - ya gotta love them!

Moral of the story - there are positives to the negatives - we have to look at the positives and push aside the negatives because after all it's all about attitude!

It is a beautiful day in Montana - the sun is shining and it is 40 degrees already and heading up to the high 50's! Oh, I do love spring!!!!!!!!

Taxes - here I come!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home