There are times in my life when I have what I refer to as "growing pains". It seems as though the last 8 months or so I've had some major growing pains and they really hurt somedays. But the strength that comes after the pains subside are cherished tender mercies. I hope that through it all I am a better person. I'm sure trying to be! I found this thought this morning and it really applies to me and the lessons I am learning at this time in my life.
"You have to let go of the life you've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for you." ~Joseph Campbell
The goal I set for myself after listening to General Conference is to be more grateful. I have a wonderful life, an amazing husband, fabulous children (6 of them now) and absolutely INCREDIBLE grandchildren. I have been blessed with an amazing heritage! I have stupendous parents and siblings that are my best friends. Lynn's family is wonderful and the friends I have made along the way are such a blessing to me.
So I choose from this day forward to be more grateful, enjoy the day I have, plan for tomorrow and then let life happen and be amazed at how much better it is than I could have ever planned even with the growing pains! Or maybe because of them!

The Fabulous 5 said...
That picture of the 7 of you is one of my favorite. Today I am grateful for you.
April 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM