Memories are a great thing. They can make you laugh or cry or just bring a feel good moment. I'm working on putting together my life history. A couple of years ago I bought a little notebook/journal thing called "To the best of my Recollection". Every day of the year it has a different question or statement for you to answer about your growing up years. It has been fun to do this and remember. I think about things again that I haven't thought about for a good number of years.
So I want to get your memories flowing with this entry (and share them with me if you want to) ... Tell about pulling or losing a baby tooth. Here is my memory.
I have 6 siblings - 3 sisters and 3 brothers. So that is a lot of baby teeth. If the teeth didn't come out by themselves my dad was the one to pull them. I remember when I was the age of loosing my teeth we lived in Columbus Ohio. Our kitchen was HUGE. So this is how my dad would do it. He would sit us at one end of the kitchen and attach a piece of string around our tooth (with one of those boyscout knots that would not come undone). The other end of the string would be tyed around the back door knob which was on the other end of the kitchen. He would distract us with something and then all of a suddden the door would shut and out would come the tooth - flying across the room with the string. OUCH! I didn't so much like having them pulled this way. I much preferred having them fall out on their own.

Nick and Brent said...
Ouch! I thought they only pulled teeth that way in the movies!
April 7, 2008 at 11:27 AM