YIKES! 30 years

Every so often something comes along that slaps me in the face with a huge reality check.

One day last week, in the mail, was an letter for me from Capital High School Class of 1978 Reunion Committee. I didn't think much of it until I was reading along and it said, "Can you believe it's been 30 years!" I looked at it and two or three times read the 30 years and then it hit me - I've been out of high school for 30 years! Oh my goodness. 30 years sounds so long! That makes me sound so old and I don't feel a day over 21, okay maybe a few days over that but my spirit still feels way younger than being out of high school for 30 years.

I'm not sure why that struck me with such force but it sure did that day. I guess I just haven't thought about it for so long. Those reality checks - WoW!!! Maybe one of these days I will post pictures of that was then - this is now - MaYbE...

4 comments:

30 years? That means you are only 18 years older than me, you know. You are so young! And vibrant! Just look at you. :)

I like your blog format, btw. And your last post on Bishop. I mean, Lynn. :)

You're the best!

April 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

hey - i thought you were only 30??? where does the time go!! I am with cheryl and love your new format!

April 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

If you've been out of high school for 30 years that means I've been out somewhere around 11 years - right? Since you're just a couple of years older than me, that math checks out - at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! (There's a reason Paula is the mathematician in the family and not me!!!)
I loved all the cute pictures of your grandkids! What a treasure! I get to see mine in just 3 more weeks!

Love you-
Joela

April 25, 2008 at 4:34 AM  

Oh wow, I got my Coeur d'Alene HS Class of '78 reunion notice too! It's not quite as exciting as the 20 year reunion though, by now we can keep up with all of our friends online.

June 6, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home