Help Me!!

Wow, three posts in one day!

I need some advice - I'm really concerned about loosing all my pictures that I have stored on my computer should my hard drive ever decide to crash. I'm thinking about storing them online. What are the best sites for that kind of thing? All of you digital scrapbookers should know. I'm pretty clueless. I just looked at Shutterfly - is there something else? What is your favorite?

4 comments:

Or you could just do online backup for your entire hard-drive (no transferring needed; it just automatically uploads your info so if your hard drive ever crashes, it's all saved).
mozy.com

October 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

You should definately back everything up somehow!
I'm not really up on the online storage options. (Maybe we should look into that though...)

Have you looked at offline storage? Hal does this two ways: get an external hard drive and store them on there. (Our favorite.)
Or burn them all to DVD or CD's (if you have a burner). This way you could put a copy in a safe deposit box and you'd always have them. Warning: Discs can potentially corrupt themselves after a while. Hal has had some CDs go "bad" after 5-10 years. To avoid losing stuff, every few years he re-burns discs.
-- Dani

October 17, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Lori Barton Reader here! Both the above are great ideas...or you could just will your computer to live forever. That's what I do. I found you on Christy's blog. I'm glad I found you. Come check me out http://mylifeamongthethreestooges.blogspot.com

October 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Ooohhhhh...I totally reccommend and external backup! We have a seprate unit that we unplug from the computer and can take with us on vacation, etc. However I never looked into storage on the internet! So maybe that is the way to go!?

I just ready Hal and Dani's idea...and that is so funny they do what we do! You can tell their brothers! :)

Good Luck, and if you do find an internet website, please share--maybe we'll do that as well!

October 20, 2008 at 5:41 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home