We left on Thursday night, late, after Lynn got home from Billings and headed to Rexburg for the weekend. We arrived in Rexburg about 12:45 am. Thankfully Rachel had set up our bed in the living room and we walked in the door and crashed. Friday was spent getting ready for Hailee's 1st birthday party. She actually turned 1 yesterday, July 8th! But the big party was on Friday. Rachel made a cute butterfly cake out of cupcakes. Saturday we got ready and went to Idaho Falls for the day. Rachel and I took Hailee and got her ears pierced while her daddy and Papa went to the bookstore so they didn't have to watch! She looks so cute with little diamonds in her ears! Then on Sunday after Sacrament meeting with Rachel, Lynn and I left and drove to Jackson, WY for the night. We had a great motel even better that we got the night for free because of the points he has from his travels to Billings. It was a $200/per night room! Score! We ate at a really fun little Mexican restaurant called "The Merry Piglets". We finally arrived home about 9:00 pm – very tired but grateful for all the memories of the weekend to hold in my heart until more can be made! All is well here in Helena – back to the daily living and grateful for our life and our precious family! We missed David and Jess this trip since they are in Jerome now. We are planning a trip to their house in August! Life is good. We are so blessed and so grateful for those blessings!
And then because of some rain we moved the party into the clubhouse at her apartments instead of out at the playground. But it turned out nice. The clubhouse is a great place to have a party! The only snag in the day was that our birthday girl was sick – teething again and yep – ended up in the urgent care with yet another ear infection. So she wasn't totally happy for the party but she still managed some smiles.
Then we just walked around the mall, did some window shopping and waited for Jeff and Ashlee to get home from their camping trip and ready for us to go to their house. About 4:00 we went over there and played with the kids for awhile and then took Jeff out to dinner for his birthday which was on Monday, the 6th. Then since they were tired from their camping, they went home to bed and Lynn and I and Rachel, Clint and Hailee went to the fireworks display along the falls. We actually found a rather nice spot in front of the stake center that is next to the Temple. It was neat to be able to watch the fireworks and be able to hear KLCE and the music that goes along with the fireworks. I think this is the first time we actually heard the music. It was pretty cool.
Sunday morning curlers (just like Rachel used to have)
The results of the curlers!
It was great food! Monday morning we walked around town, did a little window shopping, and then headed to Yellowstone Park. We haven't driven through the park since a couple years after the fire of 1987. I was in awe at the beauty of the park and the incredible amount of natural reseeding that was done during the fire.
The trees are so thick now that as you look up on the mountains it looks like ground cover but as you get closer you can see that it is actually pine trees. I don't think they are any further apart than 10-12 inches. It is amazing. The beauty of nature is breathtaking – the trees, the river, the animals. All of it made me so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that created this beautiful world! I just can't describe the feelings I had as we drove with mile after mile of beauty and majesty!
The Grand Tetons
We stopped at Old Faithful
and happened to run into some friends from Blackfoot that we hadn't seen since we left. It is always fun to run into friends!

msorensen said...
TOO much fun!! Sounds like a great weekend!! We miss you in Blackfoot!!
July 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Kim said...
I love Merry Piglets! I used to work on the square and if you went through our back alley it was right next to it! They used to have the best chips and salsa! What a fun trip I am glad you got to see most of your kids!
July 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Alisha said...
How fun!! I can't believe how big she is. I love the pictures.
July 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM
mamma D said...
I cant get over how much Rachel looks like you. Your grandbabies are so cute!
July 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM