Lynn reminded me this morning how long it has been since I updated my blog. The thing is that I realize that and it has been stressing me. I'm not sure that a blog is supposed to be a stressful thing??? But I want it to be like a life history of sorts and so I guess I should really try to be more diligent with it. It seems as though there is always more to do than hours in the day. I've been wondering how to simplify my life. So here are some random thoughts that I've had over the past little while…
- I wish that I could build my bag business to the point that I do special orders only. That would be the most fun. Then I wouldn't worry about going to the Farmer's Market and sitting there for 4 hours only to sell one bag – which is great but I wonder some days if that is worth my time. With the economy the way it is – bags aren't really in the budget for most people. I'm thinking about opening an etsy shop but I need some more info about that. So if anyone has feedback on that please share with me.
- My job – how does that fit into my life – this is an ongoing struggle I have with myself. I like my job but it takes anywhere from 4 to 8 hours of my day. The perks are great but then I lose time for other things that I want to do. I don't think I should quit, because most days it is a great part of my day. I love the people I work with. It is just all new to me. I have always been a homemaker. That was my job for 25+ years. It still is my job. But I really did need something else. Lynn is gone so much and I am alone so much. So yes, the job is a good thing – except when visitors come to town – but that happens so rarely that it isn't a reason to quit.
- Seminary is beginning again in 2 weeks. That is one more thing to fit back in. It is the most important thing for the next 9 months. It takes up most of my time – seriously! I know it shouldn't. I know that I need to find a way to simplify it and have more confidence in my abilities and the knowledge that I have that it is the spirit that teaches, not all the cutsie things that I think I need to do. I have Mormon, Ether and Moroni left to read before Monday – my target date to have the Book of Mormon read before Seminary begins. I was trying to read this morning but my mind was wandering so much that I decided to update the blog and get that off my mind.
- I'm going next week to see my mom and dad. I wish it was only a 2 ½ hour drive still instead of a 6 ½ hour one. My dad's health is declining rapidly. I always wonder when I leave there if that will be the last time that I see him in this life! Oh how I love him and treasure the memories that I have of growing up the daughter of Cecil Watson! I'm going to pick up Rachel and Hailee in Rexburg and take them with me. That will be fun. My dad loves loves loves the babies!
- Christmas is quickly approaching. I was just talking to my DIL this morning about it. I realize I need to start thinking about that too.
- I'm ready to paint my house. I've been here 2 years now, looking at the same color on every wall in my house and it's time to finally make it our own! Because I don't think we are going anyplace anytime soon. So paint – here I come – if I can just figure out what color and where!
Oh goodness, my mind is on overload! I guess it is time to start making lists again – get it out of my brain and on to paper so I don't forget anything that I need to do or want to do. I need to realize that there are only so many hours in the day and if I don't get everything done it's okay as long as I do those things that must be done that day and then just sit back and enjoy the ride and make memories along the way. That's what I have decided above all else. This life is short! Memories aren't made on their own. I will take whatever time I need to make those memories with my family and friends. My life is nothing without my family and my friends. So if it means driving to Utah for 7 hours to spend just a few short hours with my daddy then by darn, that's what I'm gonna do. And if it means driving for 3 ½ hours to spend 1 ½ hours with my grandbabies then that is what I will do.
So there are my ramblings of this morning. I'm not sure my mind is any less on overload but I can cross something off my list for today anyway. However, I have so many posts to do – our "family reunion" weekend last week – pictures galore – Hailee's 1st birthday – and Rachel's birthday – oh and I don't think I've posted anything about Jeff's birthday – oh so many birthdays, so little time!
Here's a special happy happy 23rd birthday to my baby girl! I can't believe it was 23 years ago today that she became a part of our family. Words cannot express the blessing she is to me! She truly is my best friend and I treasure the privilege of being her mom! I love you baby girl!!!!!! Have a happy day!

Work is calling my name so I'd better get ready! Maybe later I can post pictures of our trip – or maybe of Rachel J or maybe both!
Lori said...
I love using my blog as a family history, too. I got it printed so I have a tangible copy. Happy birthday to your best girl! Also...yea for seminary...right? hehehehe Jo and I will start soon. I love/dread it. Hopefully this year will be better.
August 15, 2009 at 7:09 AM
Nick and Brent said...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who stresses that their blog hasn't been updated...which seems to defeat the purpose of the blog! Sounds like you have a lot on your mind and a big "to-do" list. Good luck, and I agree...family comes before all the rest!
August 18, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Annie said...
Oh my---you DO have alot on your plate! I'm such an admirer of you and your faith---a wise woman once posted on her blog, "Faith isn't just a feeling, it's a decision." :) We'll be thinking of you these next couple of weeks!
August 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Kim said...
Lori, where did you publish your blog at? That is something I have been wanting to do but am not sure where and how. Let me know how you did it. I'd love the ideas.
As for you Rosla, I love your blog. I think we all have so many things on our todo lists that at different points something has to give. I think it's impressive that you are taking the time to evaluate why you work and decide if it's still right for you. Some people start it for one reason or another but never take the time to see if it's still the right thing for them. So if you are taking the time to ask the questions then likely you are doing the things that are right for you.
September 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Mrs. B said...
I love you.
Life gets us sometimes, doesn't it?
I have been thinking about you alot lately, missing you.
Be happy, men are that they might have joy.
September 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM